About Me

My photo
We're the Lakes, there is a story behind that and it will be revealed sooner or later but for now.. we're nice , a little crazy and lastminute.com .. with an exception of one .. but then even the "one" has moments

Thursday 9 December 2010

Review day, more like useless day I'd say*

Yesterday was review day at Brunel that we placement-ers were invited to by a very serious email that stated and i quote " Absence will be reported to your Work Tutor and may affect your assessment at the end of the placement". I took it as threat and decided to go more so because I have missed the lakes very much. Lalita, sadly could not make it due to a grave illness ( more like a cold, i think) but she was missed.
We met at Starbucks ( phhh, what did you expect). Amanda picked me up from the station . EDIT : i just finished writing the post and guess what, they directed me to the main page and nothing was saved so apologies if this turns out to be crap because now i am in a crappy mood.
so where was I.. mhmmm.. yes so station, yes Oh Man now i have to write that all over again , so Amanda picked me from the station but i acted lot like i was being picked up from an airport more so because i had totally forgotten how long it took me to get to brunel and how much it costed me. I ordered my first toffee nut latte and Amanda ordered her . . well lets say only God know the answer to that. we chatted a bit before Kathleen caught on. Group hug !! and a weird look from an elderly couple sitting behind us, you cant blame us, we were seeing each other after half a year. so more chatting and less breathing (we didn't want to waste time) and somehow during all this i had a surge to write a song and sing it. it could be due to the presence if a guitar. the song was indeed about coffee, and the others were less excited than i was, lets say they didn't share my enthusiasm for music. we made a song, a rather weird one, a rather, , , umm I'll just post the lyrics for you to decide. we didn't actually get around to sing it because time flew and because the others are hopeless. we walked to university rather than taking the bus because we hadn't talked enough ( so i felt). the programme itself was rather boring and useless but we did get coffee !! yaaay !
after we got away from the most boring thing ever, we were invited by a fellow friend (not a lake might I add) to cake and guess what COFFEE!! you'd think we cant have anymore but guess what we can and did ! she had entertainment for us, she played the guitar and SANG MY SONG ! wow finally but i didn't get to sing along:(. Amanda and I sang along to Gilmore girls theme song which everyone found creepy ( don't know why). finally we had to take off because it was getting dark ( nothing to do with us changing into mystical beings) just because we all live in far far away land.
So that was our day **. I am trying to edit all the videos and works of secret cam that i captured, but that might take some time so don't stay up late.

Much love and some more
Emily
* wow it rhymes, may be it has something to do with my song writing skills, i knew i was bound to be a musician :D
**some stuff has been edited because there is a risk of evil1 reading this, not that I am scared or anything
Edit: here it is


No comments:

Post a Comment