About Me

My photo
We're the Lakes, there is a story behind that and it will be revealed sooner or later but for now.. we're nice , a little crazy and lastminute.com .. with an exception of one .. but then even the "one" has moments

Tuesday 28 June 2011

The British summer (or not)

I can assure you that our lack of effort to update the chronicles has nothing to do with the less than average British weather. Well actually I take that back, the weather should be blamed for every audacity. The sole reason for which is the chaos and confusion it causes. I think Britain shouldn't have a calender, and they should NEVER mark the 29th of May as "British summer time begins". Do we have no right to know the truth ? What has the world come to ? Because telling a child in Britain that June is a summer month is a plain lie. How can we expect them to grow up as truthful human beings when we betray them in matters like the weather. I would hate for my child to grow up and think that summer is supposed to be cold and rainy and winter, well winter is supposed to be cold and um, snowy. Weather telecasters are just for the show and to fill the 5 minute slot every hour in the news otherwise we all know you can NEVER predict what the weather's gonna be like apart from the fact that it's gonna rain. take for example the last week. I had actually given up hope of seeing my sunflowers grow, observing the lack of sun. I was actually thinking of writing to the seed company to let them know that they have published the wrong timings for sowing and flowering. I think God heard me when I complained to Lalita about this not being June and how the weather was a disgrace to June because two days ago all hell broke loose, weather wise of course. It hurt to look outside because our eyes are not accustomed to see in such bright light. We are like those cats that are put through unethical experiments of being born and reared in a small box with vertical lines so when they are taken out, they can't see anything else because they have seen vertical lines all their life. Every surface was like a furnace and any contact with the skin felt like  it was going to melt. People were happy and naked, maybe too much naked hence today it rained cats and dogs. It rained like we were in the amazonian rain forest. I rest my case your honour.
But fear not, I tell myself. Soon I will be begging for rain and cold because I am going to a place where the sun shines like its on the ground, the air is like an oven fan set at 180 degrees and rain comes like an oasis in a desert. I think the eggs can fry themselves, no joke. To top it all off the electricity graces it present like it's God's gift, well it is but still no need to show off. I know I am gonna miss everything here most of all the Lakes and I know they'll miss me and my declamation about how no one bother about the blog. :) I hope they are nice enough to not forget about it but I can never be too sure hence my little piece before my departure. This doesn't mean I am not going to keep you posted about all the exciting things (may be) that come my way. I love this too much. I'll try IF I am done depleting the world of all the mango supplies. Which is a big IF !

"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it"

But whose complaining ? :P

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart"

With love like the summer rain
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment