About Me

My photo
We're the Lakes, there is a story behind that and it will be revealed sooner or later but for now.. we're nice , a little crazy and lastminute.com .. with an exception of one .. but then even the "one" has moments

Monday 6 June 2011

Am I alone in thinking ?

So what's the commotion Emily, I hear you ask. It can't possibly the "in" thing to do because not everyone is doing it. It’s only a chosen few that have the nerve to do it every single freaking time. It's like Leon Doyle from The Apprentice said in the last episode "I should just become the apprentice, you know" because he came up with this stupid idea of calling their brand of cat food "lucky fish", yeah that should get him the win. It's like being big headed and letting everyone know that you have a massive big head and it grew so big that it actually split in to two. It's like trying to kiss yourself because you are awesome. Its liking your own status on face book . . . . .

I'll try and keep this short since this post comes under the category of rant and as much as we all love to rant, it can get out of hand. So there "was" this person (I am sure the person is still "is", but the reason for writing "was" will soon be revealed) on my face book account who constantly "liked " every status that they posted. And when I say every status, I mean every status. Ok, I'll give you an example

Annoying person: I just fell and broke all my bones and now I am in a vegetative state

Annoying person likes this

WTF!

OK, I kind of made that up BUT the point is that this person a) advertise every detail of their life on facebook b) like every detail that is advertised. As I see it, they have no life.

Ok, moving on, as you all know I, Emily lake have a bit of a temper and I can’t keep quite about things that annoy me. Only a bit! So I wrote my status something like this

Emily Lake: What's with people liking their own statuses? News flash, it's not cool so stop doing it.

Surprisingly I got a lot of "positive" responses about the lameness of the discussed action. However certain someone took it to heart and posted a very angry status and then . .... .. . Liked it.

This lead to a decrease of one person in my friend list as I realised that I was burning too much of my own blood and deleted the annoying person.

Weeks passed like days and I was once again happy as a bunny. Smiling, laughing and high five-ing friends until . . . . Dan Dan Dan. The virus infected another "friend". It saddens me that the infection has now evolved and the host not only likes their own statuses with the most horrible grammar known to man but also "likes" their own pictures in which they are sitting alone and smiling and posing like it's going to land them a part in America's next top model.

So . . . .Am I alone in thinking ?

Emily xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment