About Me

My photo
We're the Lakes, there is a story behind that and it will be revealed sooner or later but for now.. we're nice , a little crazy and lastminute.com .. with an exception of one .. but then even the "one" has moments

Thursday 3 March 2011

There CAN Be Miracles When You Believe

AKA an update on CG. I’ve always suspected that I may be a little bit psychic. Not Mystic Meg psychic; I don’t make any claims to be able to read the future or anything like that I and personally think if you meet a tall, dark stranger, you should probably start running in the other direction. (Sorry, Amanda, Kathleen and I visited Whitechapel yesterday, and I’m still feeling in the Jack the Ripper mood). Anyway, it’s just little things that happen to me, which I’m sure probably happen to everyone, but creep me out just the same. Like thinking of an advert ten seconds before it comes on TV or ringing my mother when she has the phone in her hand, ready to call me. Today I suggested to Emily that she should buy her mother a plant for mother’s day, and was then told that a plant was actually what she wanted. I promise I hadn’t been told anything about this beforehand. Just little things you can easily write off as coincidences, but they happen frequently enough to make me stop and think ‘Wow, it happened again, this is getting kind of spooky’. Whatever abilities I thought I had before though, they’ve either stepped way up, or we’ve just experienced the biggest 2 days of coincidence in (our) history.


If you read our blogs regularly (doubtful, but we can dream) you will see that on Sunday just gone, the 27th February, I wrote a post entitled ‘An Open Letter to CG’, which is located in our other blog ‘Letters from the Lakes’. It was a very detailed, and in retrospect quite spiteful, rant about a certain CG. I feel bad about it now (despite reassurances from a certain, rather more vicious Lake) but it had to come out, for my sanity’s sake. I had to let the world know about the frustration I was feeling inside before I exploded. So now it’s out there. I do realise that this is the internet, that anyone in the world can read what we post. Seeing as we’ve only had about 500 views in the last year however, it seems pretty unlikely that someone we don’t know (CG) would stumble across our tiny little blog, read a post and automatically know it was written about him. Seriously, what are the odds of that happening? A million to one? A billion? You tell me, I’m not a maths student. I’m barely a psychology student. So, keeping this in mind, what happened on Monday and Tuesday was pretty creepy.

In the letter I complained that he never came to the Tuesday morning lecture, so of course you can guess what happened on Tuesday. Yep, you got it in one! He came in on time! It was such a shock I thought I was seeing things, which would have been entirely possible, maybe even probable, as it was early and I was beyond tired. Whatever beyond tired is. In the post I also moaned that he never turned up to lectures on time, and then the very next day, Monday, he turned up on time. And again on Tuesday morning and afternoon! I honestly thought I was going to explode from excitement and happiness. He missed the last lecture, but that’s ok because everyone has to take baby steps towards a goal, even the wonderful Lakes. For example, Kathleen feels a sense of accomplishment when she thinks about ordering books to study. Go figure. Besides, it was so boring that even Emily and I skipped the last hour to do some spontaneous shopping in Oxford Street. Much more my scene! She even bought me some pink Guava tea light candles to help me through my candle phase. And, people, let me share with you the pièce de résistance, something that was so shocking it probably warrants its own mini post on the blog, but I’m too lazy for that. On Tuesday, when CG walked into the lecture room, the Lakes were already seated 3 rows from the back. CG usually always sits in the back row, alone, like a ghost. This particular lecture, however, he walked in, went to the back row, walked across and down the other side to our row, where he proceeded to take a seat 2 seats away from yours truly. If seeing him in the lecture was a shock, then I don’t even think I have words to adequately describe what I was feeling then. I think it’s safe to say that the rest of the lecture was a complete write-off, as I spent most of the two hours resisting the temptation to turn around and stare at him (not in a bad way!). I think it was a write-off for him too, because he didn’t actually make any notes, or even have paper out so he could fool himself into believing he was doing something (who would do a thing like that I wonder?). He arrived late to the lecture today, but that’s ok, because Emily now has bigger plans for him. I promise to keep you updated!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” -Albert Einstein

Love, Lalita xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment