About Me

My photo
We're the Lakes, there is a story behind that and it will be revealed sooner or later but for now.. we're nice , a little crazy and lastminute.com .. with an exception of one .. but then even the "one" has moments

Friday 16 April 2010

The exceptionally worst days..

I GUESS NO ONE IS AN EXCEPTION TO A BAD DAY... not even the chirpy lakes.. well atleast one of them.. the nicer one, now that's weird. I guess its the time of the year when God decides to give a hard time to the good people (well that's all that he mostly does, but still)
Well this time its me, emily. I do not understand what I did to make HIM mad this time (excuse my language but i have ran out of my 'niceness' quota for today).. so here is why today was a bad bad day..

It started as a normal day, woke up 10 minutes late after my alarm went off.. had breakfast ..you know the drill.. anyway.. first I forgot my purse home so I had to come back from half way to the station to get it. Took the central line.. and then struck tragedy.. it stopped one stop before my intended station (Liverpool street).. guess what.. the age old problem.. yep you guessed right.. there was a person under a train.. wow.. that's something new ( its sarcasm of course but you cant see me to understand that) well... they cut off the power supply and close as much of the central line as possible.. i was then advised to take the bus, geez thanks for that... !!! felt like the whole London was on the bus stop. I missed 3 buses and finally got on to the 4th one!
now the bus was a place of mixed emotions.. mostly different shades of anger.. the bus driver fed up of people trying to get in the bus and the passengers .. well can you blame them.. ??? I gave up my seat for this really old man ( i hadn't ran out of my 'niceness' quota by then).. he started adoring me to the point where he offered me to sit on his lap... I couldn't bring my self to be blamed if any of his bones were to break, so i politely said no.. but he wasn't going to give up.. talked to me as long as he didn't get off....
I finally got off.. lost somewhere.. I don't even remember how I got to the station..and after much walking in circles finally got to the tube..
Got to university.. and then boom....!!!!!!! my coursework wouldn't open... i did everything but cry.. and for that i give myself a pat on the back.. no need to go in details.. it was urmm.. a lot of.. hopelessness... breath holding by the lakes.. running aimlessly and well.. you know the drill...!!
After having our much deserved Starbucks.. the lakes left for their homes.. and guess what ladies and gentlemen... delays on metropolitan line because of a person under the train...
and it was deja vu all over again...
we had some interesting bits as well.. but it wouldn't fit into this tragedous essay of events... so i will leave it until next time...
But lalita and I learnt an important lesson about life from a platform today.. you see light at the end of the platform.. now the superficial meaning of this is that, this 'shiny' end is not covered by a roof so there is light there.. but a more deeper meaning is that there is always a day after a dreary night. we walked to that 'lighted' end but it wasn't as bright as we expected ... and that means my fellow dreamers that everything is not going to be how you expected it...
So don't moan when you have an average day... because you know it can be worse, and it will be for some of us.. hey, some light is better than nothing...

From the one whose guardian angel is on an extended Holiday
Emily xx
This is my innocent depiction of the horrors of my day. I hope you get the gist of it. its horrible, I know

No comments:

Post a Comment