About Me

My photo
We're the Lakes, there is a story behind that and it will be revealed sooner or later but for now.. we're nice , a little crazy and lastminute.com .. with an exception of one .. but then even the "one" has moments

Sunday 11 April 2010

The birth of the Lake

Fellow readers, I (Amanda) am really sorry but you must forgive us.. there are four of us after all and it becomes difficult to restrain our excitement .. sadly..
As you have already been introduced to the Lake's .. i thought this would be a good post to tell you how the Lake's met and become friends.
It all started on the 21st of September 2009, enrolment day! this was the first (and not forgettable) day at University where young adults are set free to venture into the word alone and discover their path in life .. (okay this is sounding like something you hear in the movies... cutting to the chase..) The Lake's however were not this adventurous, brave, daring or bold and therefore we decided to stay put! A sweet place we call home..
Lalita and Kathleen were the first two to meet and become friends! Apparently.. legend has it ... both the girls came in early and were clueless about where to go and what to do.. they saw each other and thought "why not" .. and have stuck by each others side since
My first encounter was with Kathleen and Lalita and this no doubt was an awkward one. I met them for a very brief period of time (5 minutes? Maximum :P) and none of us spoke to each other. Our meeting was initiated by another very good friend .. I'm not sure if she'd like us to mention her name on the internet for thousands of people to read.. but lets call her... Poppy!
I didnt see Poppy much after the first day ... It wasnt till about two or three days later when Poppy invited me to go have lunch with her.. that i grew very found of them... Kathleen didnt come so it was Poppy, Lalita and I and the beautiful ball of friendship started rolling... during the two hours I was with them I descovered some very interesting facts about them and they did too about me (I hope.. haha :D )
The following day I tagged along with Poppy and Lalita.. but it wasnt till the end of the day... after dropping Lalita off to her bus stop and Poppy getting a lift home that Kathleen and I became friends.. after realising just how crazy both of us could get :D
Emily joined our group about a month after and she was introduced by a friend... lets name her Cim! This was when we did a project on occupational psychology... believe me - its more boring that it sounds! My first impression of emily was a rather good one! haha.. i thought she was a rather sane and nice girl.. but oh boy was i going to stand corrected! shes equally crazy as us! but during the long month of our project ... We all became the Lake's!
And hopefully will remain the Lake's for a long and insanely peaceful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment